Annual Chapbook Contest for 2020, sponsored by The Poetry Box.
Open to writers residing in the United States.
Winners will receive the following:
1st Prize: $500 and $100 Duotrope Gift Certificate plus 20 copies of published chapbook and distribution of their winning title to all contest entrants.
2nd Prize: $150 plus 10 copies of their published chapbook.
3rd Prize: $100 plus 5 copies of their published chapbook.
Submission Period for Contest: Feb 1 – Feb 28, 2020
Contest Judge: Amy Miller
Winner Announced by: July, 2020
Publication/Release Date: Winter, 2020/21
ALL ENTRANTS receive free copy of winning chapbook.
The Sandy Library Poetry Slam will be held on April 3rd, 2020 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Refreshments provided. Friends and family are encouraged to attend to support the poets. ONLY ONE POEM can be entered into the contest; there will be time to share additional poems later in the evening.
Please fill out the Entry Form at https://www.ci.sandy.or.us/library-programs by Tuesday, March 31st. If you don’t register, you can still participate but your name will not appear in the program.
• Poets and performers, ages 8 and up, are welcome to work in groups or individually.
• Poems must be appropriate for an all-ages audience.
• It is best if the poems are memorized, but not essential.
• Each presentation must be limited to 3 minutes.
• A panel of judges will choose the winners; contestants will be judged on creativity and presentation.
• Participants must write the poems they present.
• The contestant must be present to win.
The winner in each category will receive $25; the Grand Prize winner will receive $100 cash.