Deadline March 1 2018
Categories (Limit: one entry per category.)
1) Poet’s Choice: Limit 80 lines, any subject, any form. Judge: Armin Tolentino.
2) Members Only: Limit 20 lines, any subject, any form. Entrant must be a current OPA member. Judge: Tim Whitsel.
3) New Poets: Limit 30 lines, any subject, any form. A new poet is someone with no more than two poems published in online or print journals. Self-published work is not considered published in this context. Judge: Connie Post.
4) Traditional Form—Sonnet: Limit 14 lines, any subject. Judge: Amy MacLennan.
5) Theme—Borders and Boundaries: Limit 40 lines, any form, on the subject of “borders and boundaries.” Judge: M. E. Hope.
NB: Spaces between stanzas do not count as lines.
Poet’s Choice: 1st $100; 2nd $50; 3rd $30; 3 HMs.
All other categories: 1st $50; 2nd $30; 3rd $20; 3 HMs.
All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place poems will be published on the OPA website and in the annual anthology of prizewinners, Verseweavers.
OPA Members—Flat rate of $8 for up to five poems (limit of one poem per category).
Non-members— Flat rate of $15 for up to four poems (limit of one poem per category).
Deadline: Submitted electronically or postmarked by March 1, 2018, midnight PDT.
Electronic submissions (preferred; see guidelines below):
For full guidelines go to CONTESTS above and look for “Adult Contests”