These articles highlight books by Oregon poets, past or present. Their authors are members of the Mid-Valley Poetry Society (MVPS), an open group of Salem-area poets and poetry aficionados. All have been published, some in slightly different versions, by the Salem Statesman Journal in a monthly column called “Poetry Corner”.
The MVPS meets at the IKE Box, a coffee house in downtown Salem, on the second Saturday of most months and is affilated with OPA as its Salem-area unit. For more information about the MVPS, contact Eleanor Berry <eberry@wvicom>.
20. Three Pioneer Voices, by Tim Pfau
21. Mary Barnard’s Collected Poems, by Eleanor Berry
27. William Stafford, by Eleanor Berry, with Mike Shuler, Steve Slemenda, & Larry Tyle
28. Vern Rutsala, by Ada Molinoff
29. Deer Drink the Moon (anthology), by Mike Shuler
30. George Venn, by Eleanor Berry