• The Pop Culture Issue scheduled for release in Fall 2020
• All Contributors receive a FREE copy of the print journal.
• Please note, we are not accepting reprints for this or future issues.
• Submission Period: Oct 15 – Dec 15, 2019 (via Submittable only)
• $3 to submit a group of 3 poems.
Kosmos Quarterly is now open for submissions until November 30 for our Winter issue, “Possible Futures: Justice, Values, and Governance.” We are looking for poems that imagine that future. See full details and guidelines at https://www.kosmosjournal.org/contribute-to-kosmos-quarterly/
Annual Chapbook Contest for 2020, sponsored by The Poetry Box.
Open to writers residing in the United States.
Winners will receive the following:
1st Prize: $500 and $100 Duotrope Gift Certificate plus 20 copies of published chapbook and distribution of their winning title to all contest entrants.
2nd Prize: $150 plus 10 copies of their published chapbook.
3rd Prize: $100 plus 5 copies of their published chapbook.
Submission Period for Contest: Feb 1 – Feb 28, 2020
Contest Judge: Amy Miller
Winner Announced by: July, 2020
Publication/Release Date: Winter, 2020/21
ALL ENTRANTS receive free copy of winning chapbook.
The Sandy Library Poetry Slam will be held on April 3rd, 2020 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Refreshments provided. Friends and family are encouraged to attend to support the poets. ONLY ONE POEM can be entered into the contest; there will be time to share additional poems later in the evening.
Please fill out the Entry Form at https://www.ci.sandy.or.us/library-programs by Tuesday, March 31st. If you don’t register, you can still participate but your name will not appear in the program.
• Poets and performers, ages 8 and up, are welcome to work in groups or individually.
• Poems must be appropriate for an all-ages audience.
• It is best if the poems are memorized, but not essential.
• Each presentation must be limited to 3 minutes.
• A panel of judges will choose the winners; contestants will be judged on creativity and presentation.
• Participants must write the poems they present.
• The contestant must be present to win.
The winner in each category will receive $25; the Grand Prize winner will receive $100 cash.
Sensations Magazine, now in its fourth decade of publication, is sponsoring a Best Newcomer contest for its next issue, which will carry the theme “Global Warming.” The entry fee is $10 for up to three poems. The deadline is June 29. The contest is open solely to poets who haven’t appeared in Sensations Magazine. For details, visit www.sensationsmag.com and click on “Contest.”