Saturday, October 10, 2020
Valley River Inn, Eugene, OR
Submissions accepted between May 1 and June 1, 2020
Please submit a session proposal which includes the following:
– Title of workshop or presentation
– Presenter name
– Short bio of 75 words or less (to be used, if accepted, for the program).
– Your qualifications to present/teach the session described.
– List any A/V needs and what equipment you would supply.
- Explain what you would do in your session related to one of the categories below. Please include enough details or examples to explain your session proposal.
- If you can, please link your proposed session workshop or presentation to the conference theme of “Clear Vision: 2020.”
All workshops and/or presentations are scheduled for 75 minutes. Please keep them focused.
Proposal Session Types and Categories:
– Workshop related to writing poetry such as craft, generative exercises, different styles and/or poetry formats, proofing yours or other’s work, finding the right word, visionary poetry, chapbooks, etc.
– Presentation such as a slide show, multimedia, historical (focus on poetry, a poet from another century, a well-know current poet’s work), strategies for entering contests, publication ideas, how to give a reading, a walkabout with writing (there is a walking path by the river behind the venue), etc.
Submit via email attachment (PDF format preferred), docx formats also accepted, or if unable, just copy and paste into the email body. Send to Shirley Marc, OPA Conference Assistant, at “email@example.com”.
with subject line “OPA 2020 Conference Session Proposal.”
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by June 16, 2020, via email.
Presenters receive a free conference registration which includes the Saturday luncheon. Note that only one free conference registration can be awarded per accepted proposal session.
Please share the flier below!