OPA Spring Poetry Contest deadline is March 1, 2014.
The March 1st deadline — postmark or electronic submission — for the OPA Spring 2014 Poetry Contest is only a week away. There are cash prizes and winners are invited to read their winning poem at the upcoming OPA Conference.
You don’t have to live in Oregon or even be a member of OPA to enter the Spring 2014 Poetry Contest.
Online submissions are simple with Submittable, just follow the link from the Contest page: https://oregonpoets.org/contests/adult-contest/ or mail your entries (complete information on the Contest page).
Categories and judges:
1) Poet’s Choice, limit 80 lines, any subject, any form. Judge: John Sibley Williams
2) Free Verse, limit 40 lines, any subject, any free form. Judge: Annie Lighthart
3) Traditional Form, Limerick, 5 lines, any subject. Judge: David Hedges
4) Members Only, 6-12 lines, any subject, any form. Judge: Donald Dunbar
5) Themed, Weather, limit 40 lines, any form. Judge: Scot Siegel
6) Experimental Poetry, limit 40 lines, any form. Judge: Ger Killeen
Visit the Contest page for complete information on Categories, Rules, Awards and the link to Submittable for electronic submissions.